I know what you’re thinking. “What is she thinking?” There’s a side of me that loves surprises. Actually in my multi-sided self, most of me loves an element of surprise, surrounded by fun, and baked in warmth of relationships.
Texas Sheet Cake
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring the butter, water and cocoa to a boil. Remove from the heat. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; add to cocoa mixture. Stir in the sour cream until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Whisk in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Pour over warm cake. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Credits: Taste of Home magazine, February/March 2003
So what am I thinking? See if you can figure it out. On your mark, get set – see you back here tomorrow for more of the story.